Friday 13 March 2009

Pho Vientiane

Pho is one of my favourite Vietnamese dishes, along with the fresh spring roll. The first time I had Pho was at a friend's place in Sydney. Her mum cooked this most delicious noodles in beef broth dish. It was my first introduction to Vietnamese food. Well, I haven't had Pho for a long time, and was really happy when Pho Vientiane was recommended to me.

Pho Vientiane is one of those "local" restaurants, nothing fancy with simple tables and plastic chairs. The first thing that we noticed was that it was quite busy, which is always a good sign! I couldn't wait to try the Pho. Here it is! 

Well, I remembered Pho to be somewhat tastier, but this one was still quite nice, and it was only 30 baht. For non-beef eaters, they also have the pork version. Might try that next time.


Their deep fried spring roll dishes were great though. We had fish spring rolls with the loveliest soft and fluffy fish, and a yummy dipping sauce (above). The deep-fried pork spring rolls were delicious too (below). 


Somehow, we ended up with mostly fried dishes, but I will try the fresh spring rolls next time and will report back.

All in all, it was a good value meal. The dishes are between 30-60 baht. 

We're sure to go back to try the other dishes. 

Location: Right at the end of an arcade opposite the Shangri-La Hotel on Changklan Rd. Watch out for a bright yellow sign with red writings.  

Opens daily - 9am-9pm




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin